In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Day Arms 30-X Conversion

staind460staind460 Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
anyone heard of this conversion unit for the 1911?
good?bad?

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello the DAY 30X conversion unit was made in the 60's and was a great unit The best 30 shot group at 50 yards out of a Ransom rest was with a Day 30X I own .311 center to center . With that said the one weak point IMHO was the long rails of the aluminum slide . They tended to crack right at the BREACH face . The magazines were also strange as you used a regular 45 mag and installed an insert.I think someone won the 22 stage at Camp Perry one year with a DAY 30X it might have been Day himself but I may be wrong about that fact.After the Day came the Kart The Kart Conversion was IMHO a better design as it was steel and then after Kart stopped making his unit Marvel started making units As far as I know these 3 brands of Conversion units are the ONLY ones that lock the barrel to the frame.Go to my member profile and email me if you want pictures of day/ kart/marvel or more info "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
  • Options
    staind460staind460 Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info man. had never heard of a day arms conversion till now
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1