In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sauer m90

loggerlogger Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
hi, i have just used a sauer m90 in 458 win. mag.today and every time i chambered a round from the clip,the round jammed halfway into the chamber. the only way to unjam it was to take the clip out.the rifle is new and never been fired.can anyone help me? im taking this rifle grizzly bear hunting on the 14 of may. the rounds are 510 grain soft point winchester cartridges.are they to long for this firearm? also i would like to get an idea what this rifle is worth,the stock is made from african bubinga wood.thanks and looking forward to being involved in this forum

Comments

• Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take it back to the dealer or a compitant (sp) local gunsmith to have it looked at. If I was using it for grizzly it I would want to know that I could get off a second, third and a forth shot if needed.

As to it's worth you just bought it so it should be worth what you paid for it. Check the auction side for current prices, is this what they are calling the "light" rifles? The Colt Sauer rifles from the 70-80's are going for $1000 and up depending on the caliber.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i just came back from my gunsmith and we have the problem solved. the clip has claws and they were grabbing the round just at the end of it so he working on it. thanks for the help.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just about to say prob a magazine timing isssue
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hi. any idea what this rifle is worth?