In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun boxes

littlegunlittlegun Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
does anybody know what kind of boxes if any did Winchester rifles come in around the turn of the century or were they packed together in lots in big boxes

Comments

• Options
    littlegunlittlegun Member Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I checked Brownell's and all they have is boxes for rifles. I am looking for the brown boxes with removalble lids that are for handguns aprox 10x7x2 type stuffany help would be greatly appreciatedDave
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of years ago there was an exhibit at the Maryland Arms Collectors Association show that consisted of 2 wooden cases of lever action rifles from the late 1800's. Different models, but, not my area of knowledge, so I can't tell you what they were. And, yes, both cases were full & the rifles were new. The rifles were kept lined up & separated by smaller pieces of wood inside the cases. One rifle was removed from each case so that you could actually see what was inside.

My memory is that there were 6 rifles per case, but can't swear to it.

Neal