In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GSG-1911

3gtd1113gtd111 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had trouble with these? I have sent mine back to ATI twice for a "light hit" problem.

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you try different ammo? Some of the bulk stuff is infamous for not going bang with the first firing pin strike, especially if the ammo has been tossed around during shipping.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I agree about the ammo My pistol has been trouble free but I use good ammo .You have to remember a semi auto has to use the same strong spring to chamber the cartridge fully and then use the same spring to be weak enough to let the slide fully cycle to cock hammer and go far enough back to pick up next round from the magazine. Fat rounds or even slightly damaged /bent rounds in a Bulk pack will not feed in a normal chamber with say a bolt action rifle this same ammo is fine as you can really push the cartridge into the chamber when you close the bolt.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, break down the gun and make sure its really clean, especially the chamber. Also inspect for any burrs or defects in or around the chamber. Any dirt or roughness there can prevent rounds from chambering fully, and then they won't go off with a normal primer strike.

Assuming you've already done that, then +1 to trying different ammo. Go out to the range with 4-5 different boxes of .22s and give them a try.

Lots of .22 autos are ammo-picky.

Its a combination of bullet shape, chamber dimension, primer sensitivity/case thickness, firing pin spring tension, and even firing pin nose shape.

Some .22s won't consistently set off or cycle certain ammo types. It can even be the case where different individual guns of the same make and model prefer different types of ammo.