In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double Barrel Muzzleloader-History-Value?

CamoflageCamoflage Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
I just acquired a double barrel muzzleloader, percussion, rough condition, rusty. One side of lock stamped Joseph Golcher other side stamped Perkins. Top of barrel I can see the word Fine, but can't read the rest, some pheasant's, some scroll work, 30" barrels. Missing ram rod and one holder for the ram rod. Wanting to know some history and if there is any value...thank's...

Comments

• Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, you need pictures for an objective evaluation. The fact that it has two different locks indicates a home made gun. Golcher made locks for gunsmiths and perkins is a trade name for a Belgian made shotgun. From your description of the condition, it is about "wall hanger" grade. These seldom bring more than $100.
  • Options
    CamoflageCamoflage Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank's kind of what I thought, will start making the supports for it to hang....steve
    quote:Originally posted by cbyerly
    First of all, you need pictures for an objective evaluation. The fact that it has two different locks indicates a home made gun. Golcher made locks for gunsmiths and perkins is a trade name for a Belgian made shotgun. From your description of the condition, it is about "wall hanger" grade. These seldom bring more than $100.