In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 114 & 114C Long Action Magazine

leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
Do these use the same magazine. Need one for a 30-06

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The magazine body is the same. But you would need to have the DBM bottom metal and the magazine base to convert the 114 to the 114C. FWIW, I did this with a short action and it works well. Except I do wish I had better capacity.

Edit:

The "C" stands for clip. An old time mis-phrasing for magazine. DBM stands for detachable bottom magazine.

EditII:

This changed. From the Savage website there no longer is a 114C model. So, the magazine conversion I described above may or may not not be valid. The 114 comes in either a "Classic" model with a hinged floorplate or an "American Classic" model with a detachable box magazine. If you have a newer 114 you may change the bottom metal and get a detachable mag. But, if your 114 is of the older type you can't make the changeover.
    The older type is 4.27" between the screws immediately in front of the trigger guard. The rear screw behind the trigger guard only holds the trigger guard.
    The newer type is 4.41" Also note the newer types are centerfeed and the older types are staggerfeed magazines.
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    long time no hear sandwarrior thinking of you the other day
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by godalejr
    long time no hear sandwarrior thinking of you the other day

All good I hope?[:D][;)][:D]