In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

brownells acra 20

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
been using this for years & now they dont sell it in the 8oz resin & hardener bottles....anyone use a product similar that is stable & works about the same as this 50/50 mix...have used this to repair many different things and would like to find as close a product as possible...thanks

Comments

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not familiar with the Acra20 nor it's characteristics, such as set/cure times and tensile strength.

I'm going to guess you are looking for something with a fast set/cure time?

I don't recall the exact product name, but Loctite has a two part epoxy with a 20 or 30 minute set and 8 hour cure that's pretty good.

If set/cure time isn't an issue Brownells has unfloked AcraGlass in bulk, but it is the 4/1 resin/hardner ratio.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    you could try the 'acra-weld', it comes in a 50/50 cartridge but you need the application gun. it comes with mixing tubes but I usualy don't use these (less waist).