In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington model 37 second question

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello I did not want to high-jack the other post BUT. I also would like
some information on MY model 37 . My serial is 03904 it has two
characters only on the right side of barrel just in front of receiver.
However these two characters both to the naked eye and under high magnification I am 100 % sure are Maltese Crosses. I don't see this in
any Remington year date list . Can anyone shine any light on what
Maltese Crosses represent [?] Thanks Karl

EDIT Thanks all I will try to get and work through posting pictures tomorrow and also remove from stock. Good night for now Karl.

Comments

• billkumabillkuma Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can get some pics up, dozens of eyes might be able to pick up on other stuff as well.
    Given average annual production (an innacurate method but it's worked okay for me so far) and the 20 years production run, your ser. no. would work out to April, 1941. The code would be "KK" for May, 1941 (close) and stylized K's might look like Maltese Crosses. Or not.
  • BrianJBrianJ Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you removed the stock? Some are marked right at the stock line or just below.

I have a single cross but the code on the stock line. I have no idea as to its meaning.

bjm