In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

trigger hard to pull

kathyjkathyj Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
i have a mossberg intl 702 plinkster 22,the trigger is hard to pull back to shoot,can i get a trigger to pull back with a 2 lbs of presser to shoot,in so,where can i get this trigger

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. These are inexpensive guns. Either live with the trigger pull, or trade up to a higher quality gun.

Many, many folks are happy with the Ruger 10/22 models. If you want the best trigger, look at the Kimber line.

Neal
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kathyj
    i have a mossberg intl 702 plinkster 22,the trigger is hard to pull back to shoot,can i get a trigger to pull back with a 2 lbs of presser to shoot,in so,where can i get this trigger

There is no "drop-in" trigger for your gun.

You can probably pay a good gunsmith to improve the trigger of this gun, but I doubt he'll be able or willing to get it down to 2 lbs. A trigger that light might render the gun unsafe (ie you SHAKE it, it goes off).

Also, it just may not be cost effective to sink $25-50 into tuning up a $125 gun.

I agree with nmyers. Your best bet is probably just to sell this gun, then get something with a trigger you like. There are plenty of good used .22 rifles out there for under $200.

The Ruger 10-22, in particular, has all kinds of drop-in accessories available, including match-grade trigger units, though the best of those don't come cheap.

Still for about $50-60 you can buy a sear/trigger kit that you can install yourself that will give you a nice crisp 4lb trigger.
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kathyj

Unfortunately, you're getting to experience the "meet the lawyers" issues the gunmakers are dealing with. I haven't seen a factory trigger set at less than 7-8 lbs. lately.

You might want to look into a CZ 453 that has a set trigger. You can tune these yourself down to 6 oz. And without the set trigger being set, leave the regular trigger up around 4 lbs. Which is adjustable also. They run about half of what a Kimber does, or less.