In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HK 33 v. M16/M4

MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
Price being equal, could anyone tell me which one they prefer? I will be getting either a new M4/m16 or a used HK33. I would like the pros and cons of both. Are there major operational differences between the 33 and the G36. Is the G36 worth the extra money?

Comments

• Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Are you loking at the Military or Civilian version? Ie Full Auto capability or semi auto only? I would recomend the M4. You can get parts for it and mags are soooo much less expensive. There are already many accessories you can add to it. In theory you could add a 9mm upper and have a second full auto weapon. My 2 cents. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at select-fire version. They both have 3 round burst triggers. The HK is a four position safety.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    A Colt M4 is available only as a restricted dealer sales sample for Class 3 dealers (I posted a photo of my own Colt M4 a few months ago). Your only option here is to purchase a registered M16 and then add the M4 upper. Cost here is about $10,000 and up. A used HK-33 is going to run around $10,000 to $12,000 for a transferable or you can purchase an HK-93 ($2,000) and an HK registered sear ($6,000+) and convert the rifle to selective fire. There are no G36 rifles available for civilian sales since it is a post-1986 firearm. There are some restricted dealer sales sample floating around but unless you are a Class 3 dealer these are out of reach. By the way, I did double check my post on C&R shotguns as you suggested and guess what? I am also rather surprised with your purchase plans because last night you were asking about the differences between a G3, HK-33, and HK-93 and now you are ready to pony up ten grand for a 33...my short post on that subject must have really motivated you!

Mark T. Christian