In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

STEYR PISTOL

vitomirvitomir Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
ONE OF MY PISTOL HAVE A STAMP "SKORPIL" on the but and i wonder what is that?Is someone know.Thanks:MrB.[8)]

none

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this pistol in question a Steyr Hahn Md. 1911/12? If so I would assume that to be an importers stamp.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this pistol in question a Steyr Hahn Md. 1911/12? If so I would assume that to be an importers stamp.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Skorpil is a Czech word. Ihave no idea what it means. Mark C. is a likely candidate for a response. I have never seen a Steyr Hahn w/that
    stamped on the pistol. Not likely an import stamp. Must be a much newer pistol. Hope Mark drops by as he is the expert. 101