In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 380 Magazine won't hold slide open?

Shooter1Shooter1 Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1/2 Doz. 380 Magazines that won't hold the slide back can they be fixed? thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    check the slide stop pin the way it works is the mag follower rides up the mag as each round is stripped out of mag and into chamber when the last round is fired the slide recoils the mag follower pushes up on the ear of slide stop pin as the slide goes into full recoil the tail of the slide stop pin goes up to lock the slide open .some people put "buffers" on recoil spring guide this keeps slide from going all the way back long enough for the tail of slide stop pin to move into place also light loads will cause same problem. the chances of 6 mags all haveing same problem is remote but you can "form" the tab on mag follower to make more positve movement. cheers Karl
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Karl: please explain what you mean by Form ? I have a few new magazines and they hold the slide back do I have to bend the Folwer?Thanks Gary
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can you see a visible difference in the mags?

Jake
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jake I can't see any Differance in the mags. The new ones look like the old ones the follower's look the same thanks Gary
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello "forming" is an educated bending of metal to avoid breakage.Take the pistoland each pistol mag with slide closed install EMPTY mag pull slide to the rear and watch the tail of the slide stop pin does it move up to hold the slide open? Email me if more questions