In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got Info Needed - Thanks For All Help!

PauperPauper Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need some help regarding te value of a Colt SAA 45 "Alamo" Commerative and is 1967 manufacture according to the Colt books I have (Ser # 851A45). It is my understanding (from all my Colt books) that only 750 of these were manufactured in the 45 Colt caliber. This SAA 45 is NEW & unfired in its original presentatin box. The bad news is that the paperwork that came with it apparently has been lost. I am probably looking at getting rid of it right away. I'm not into commeratives. I need to know what would be a "very reasonable" asking price for this item.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Pauper

Comments

• Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it were mine I'd start at $1700 and hope some knucklehead from Texas (think "dubya!) would want it. If it is new and unfired minus the papers but with box that's not too bad. Basically if I were trying to buy it I'd raise hell about no papers and offer you $1300. Gee I guess that doesn't help much - by the way I love Amarillo, Texas and stop there every summer on my way to see my brother in CO.