In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bwk-92 ak-.223 cal.

hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
i have a unfired bwk-92 .223 cal ak variant. who manufactured it , who imported it? all it says on the receiver is bwk-92 and .223 rem.it is perfect in condition. ballpark figure on value? thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your best bet would be to post to the AK Board.

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=1c4544398bc64f3c0d30d64ff2a7be07&forumid=77

My WAG is that "92" in bwk-92 represents a date, which identifies your rifle as a post-ban import, probably Chinese?. This means all the naughty features should have been removed. Flash Hider, Bayonet Lug, Pistol Grip Stock etc.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I am going to guess that it is a B-West gun coming from their former factory in Tucson, AZ. B-West built quite a few AKs in .223 and were able to continue putting evil features like bayonet lugs on their guns, which were banned on imports. Because the B-West rifles were built in the United States the ban did not apply to these guns (up until 1994).

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These were, for all practical purposes, merely the .223 version of what was called a MAK90 in 7.62X39. The BWK92 was the .223cal equivelant of a MAK90 in 7.62X39. They came into the country after tha 1989 ban. They were made by Norinco. They were basically the same gun as the Pre-Ban Norinco 84S, just without the bayonet lug and flash hider, with a thumbhole stock. Originally shipped with the 5rd mag, they accept the 30rd Norinco .223 mags. I just had a gentleman get one from me a few weeks ago for his BWK92.

The China Sports folks brought in their Post-Ban NHM90. They used the same model designation for the 7.62X39 as they did for the .223. In the case of the Norinco made BWK92, it is just the .223 calibered version of the 7.62X39 MAK90. The two guns looked the same, just different calibers. I think I might even still have one or two of the .223 calibered NHM90's and one or two of the BWK92's in stock.

LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM