In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need advice on air rifle

billybassbillybass Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
picked up a diana 22 pellet rifle at the flea in real nice shape. the rear sight on the barrell is missing & since I cant find one I figured a scope may be the answer, the rear is grooved with two slots ? what kind of scope would fit? its going to be gift for a real decent teenager who is fatherless , its very powerfull as I never owned one like this and was supprised at its power any help ???????????

Comments

• Options
    breechmanbreechman Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have own several Diana and Gecado air rifles. High quality in every aspect even better than my crosman air guns. A scope is a good option but the size and brand are very important. Pass out with cheap chinese imports and get something like Tasco, Simmons or Carton. Depending how powerful your gun is is the size you must buy. Mouts are on everywhere and brands are not as important. Good Luck, welcome back to air.

Breech
  • Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the Beeman air gun website. If they can't fix you up, either with parts or information, then probably no one can. You might also check, Pyramydair.com.

BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First, it shouldnt be too hard to come up with a replacement sight. Online there are several companies that specialize in air guns who could help you. If you cant find any, I have a local gunsmith here in Denver that does a lot of air guns and I could put you in touch with him. Second, if you put a scope on it, make sure it's an air rifle scope. A scope made for your regular firearm will not last on a spring piston air rifle. Spring piston guns recoil in both directions both backward and forward (when the piston is released by the sear there is a rearward push followed by a jolt going forward when the piston reaches the end of its travel). This 2nd jarring of the scope will loosen the insides of a normal scope and make it useless. BSA makes a decent scope for air rifles and is not outrageous. Tasco also makes a good one, but will probably be more money.
  • Options
    boltthrowerboltthrower Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More than any of that above, a salute to you for being a "big brother" to this young boy. Good job.
  • Options
    billybassbillybass Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK thanks for all the input, we did a little shooting after cleaning it up the kid was really happy & he's a resonsable kid so I had no worry's he was going to shoot any windows out, we went out by a dump and even without a rear sight just using the mounting screw that thing shot damm good at 35' it punched holes in cans & some light wood..I dont remember bb guns being that strong when I was a kid, this thing sent a dump rat sailing into the air! we must have shot about 150 pellets... had a lot of fun after reading the post I'm going to bring it up to a guy who does some gunsmithing I called him and he said he has a mossberg peep site he said he make fit... he also said cheap scopes dont last long ....ps I only paid $35 so I figure it was a good deal the seller said his grand kids shot out a few windows and was going to throw it out, so thats why the cheap price....guess I got a good deal...a few drops of oil and a little cleaning looks great & shoots even better thanks again........Billy