In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saiga Quality

reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a friend who has been looking at saiga. The 12 guage and the 223. Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they any good? Accuracy? Thanks

Roy.gifGuncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.

Comments

• Options
    METCOMETCO Member Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've owned two saiga 223's.
    I put 600 rnds through the first one, over 400 through through the second.
    I cleaned every 100 rnds. Never !!!!! had a malfunction.
    BOTH were scoped. 3 to 4 in. groups, benched @ 1oo yrds.
    REMEMBER THEIR ASSAULT RIFLES NOT TARGET.
    METCO
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a saiga-12 and it's a blast. I've not had a single malfunction with it yet. Come September, if the AWB sunsets, you should be able to get the 8rd mags for it too. I vaguely remember on forum.saiga-12.com someone mentioning 10rd mags being made as well, but I've got about 0 information regarding quality.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ducky
    I own a saiga-12 and it's a blast. I've not had a single malfunction with it yet. Come September, if the AWB sunsets, you should be able to get the 8rd mags for it too. I vaguely remember on forum.saiga-12.com someone mentioning 10rd mags being made as well, but I've got about 0 information regarding quality.

If I remember correctly the AWB had nothing to do with the magazine capacity for shotguns--the restrictions on shotgun magazines were just a "rule" the ATF made, so any "sunset" in the AWB will probably not make high-capacity (5+ rounds) magazines for semi-auto shotguns legal.

As for the Saiga; I am very pleased with mine (in 7.62x39)--I think the Saigas represent an excellent value.

"Strength is the outcome of need; security sets a premium on feebleness." -- H.G. Wells (The Time Machine)
  • Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a Russian Saiga AK 7.62 X 39mm with a Russian scope attached to its factory installed scope rail and it shoots fine. I do get a little bit of trigger slap but it is not bad. I don't recall ever having a malfunction. For the money it is a nice weapon.
  • Options
    duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the correction. I had my statement confused with the limit to 5rd fixed magazines when in conjunction with other items listed in the shotgun portion of the ban. My apologies for the misinformation.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine bought one but had to send it back because it would shoot 3 and 5 shot burst. But now it works good but for sure not a target rifle.

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Saiga .410 and like it. You might find it worthwhile to explore Saiga webside http://forum.saiga-12.com/ .