In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dumb question

eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
edited July 2004 in Ask the Experts
I had a guy tell me some SKS models will take a AK mag. Is this true?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    It is fact that damaged barrel at the muzzle or a damaged or bad crown can affect accuracy and shot placement. Has anyone ever tried to alter the muzzle or crown to inprove or move shot placement in the desired direction as needed ?
    ( old double barreled shot gun into smooth bore double rifle.)
    "just curious."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do black powder revolvers and starter's pistols (solid barrels, only able to fire blanks, used to train dogs) require the buyer to be 21? Are there any other regulations that apply to these? My younger shooting buddies are always asking questions that I can't answer. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now I know you can shoot 38s in a 357 revolver. but my question is can you shoot 380s in a 9mm revolver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you have a single shot or a O/U with 3" chamber can you use a 2 3/4 shell in it.[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This may seem like a dumb question, but I read something the other day that is really bugging me. It seems, in the article that I read, this gentleman(?) was shooting at people with an 1895 Winchester chambered in 30.06???????? Was this rifle chambered in this caliber? Just didn't seem right to me.

Thanks
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    Federaly they are 'non-firearms', BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY THERE. You could check localy and find that out very easily though.
    Hope that helps.

Self defence is an ablsolute and natural right. Keep your powder dry! J. Rau, Alaska
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    Remind your younger friends that if they are thought to be threatening or harrassing anyone in any way and the non-gun is seen, they will be charged with a crime as if they had a real gun.
  • Options
    Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't want to get into a contest here; however, starter pistols are firearms as defined by CGA '68.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I always tell my Hunter Education classes, "The only stupid question is the one never asked!" I've wondered about that same thing. Thank you for asking my "stupid" question.