In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight 20ga Barrel

seancody1seancody1 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited June 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just received my Grandfather's Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight 20ga and the bore is VERY pitted. My dad had a heart attack and hasn't cleaned it in a while.

I need a new barrel. Where can I find them and how much are they going for?

I found one listed on Gunbroker, but the seller seems to want a lot for it & I have no idea what the market value for one of these barrels would be.

Comments

• Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum seancody 1: You may try www.e-gunparts.com (Numrich gun Parts) Thier prices start in the low $200s.

Depending on how badly it's pitted, a good gunsmith might be able to save it by rehoning it. Sometimes they look a lot worse than they are.

Rule of thumb on older shotgun barrels, the shorter and more open the choke, the more it cost. I know of a couple other web sites that may help you. Just click on only winchesters to the left to get to the email page. Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sean: Here is another web site: www.corsonsbarrels.com His prices start at $120 to $190. depending on if it's a plain barrel or ribbed. You will need to have the serial number when ordering a barrel, depending on how old your gun is, they made some changes over the years and not all barrels will fit. Regards Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I bought one from corsons. It should be here by Friday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for suggesting Corsons Barrels! The barrel arrived on Friday. It was in better shape than described and fit my shotgun perfectly. They are a great group of people to do business with.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seancody: glad everything worked out !! Happy shooting!! Regards Dave