In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield '03

A-37A-37 Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
edited June 2004 in Ask the Experts
This rifle is part of an estate I'm helping with. It's in good condition and has a sporter stock. What would be a good starting price on the GB auction?

http:home.earthlink.net/~pek58/1903.JPG

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully you will be able to provide a better description - and photographs - when you list it.

Depending upon the serial #, barrel date, type of bolt, type of finish of all parts & % remaining, & whether or not holes have been drilled, barrel cut, etc, it may be desireable and/or restoreable. On the other extreme, it may have a low number & not be shootable.

Without more information, no one can tell exactly what you have or give you any value. Or, you can start it at $50 & take your chances that market forces will bring you top dollar.

Neal
  • Options
    hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    min. 450.00. if it solid and true, all correct, 550.00
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A-37, Fortunatelly the serial number is readable in the photo. It is a high number and would be safe to shoot if there are no headspace or other problems. If you list it you should post a photo showing the complete rifle and give the barrel date. You need to post a photo of or describe the make and model of the rear sight. I agree with Neal's suggested starting price and I would put a reserve of $200 or so. I don't understand the would be sellers that list a firearm with a starting bid amount that is above retail, then relist, relist and relist, seemingly oblivious to the fact that their item gets not bids because it is overpriced.
  • Options
    A-37A-37 Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I'll try to find someone locally who can appraise the rifle.