In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Century Arms Yugo M70 AB2 opinions.

criminalpoetcriminalpoet Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
I had started another thread on this topic but it is now closed for some reason lol. Anyways, if you all wouldnt mind, id like some opinions on the Yugo M70 AB2 underfolder by Century Arms. At 550 bucks is it a good buy and a good AK compared to the others on the market such as pieces made by the likes of Vector? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I can't say I'd spend $500 on one now, but when I got mine, i paid $375 out the door.
    I don't really like the folder; it's kinda wobbly if you shoot rapidly, and that makes it more of an "eye candy" gun than a bonafide shootin' iron in my mind. Most times, I can keep 'em in the boiler room of a water heater at 150 yds, but with the folder; maybe 70%.
    Otherwise, they're pretty well made, the folder has a positive lock at the hinge, but it does wiggle due to it's construction. I also swapped out the muzzle brake for a Krink. As long as we're makin' em pretty; I added a USMC shooting sling! The tan sling, brass holes and loops, semi-tan furniture and desert tan folding stock look kinda neat with a polymer mag.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this is a 1st AK I would recommend you not buy an underfolder. Get something with a full stock. I find underfolders to be uncomfortable to shoot. Cheek rest is awefull and the that U shaped metal pc is just not comfortable in recoil against your shoulder.

I have an underfolder that I built in my collection but it's not my favorite.