In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ed Brown 1911 extended slide stop?

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
Is this pretty much a drop in part or does it require some fitting?

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know about the Brown specifically. A slide stop could be a drop in, but having put in a few I've found for the most part they are not. The pin that passes through the frame & link may have to be fitted if it is oversized. The nub on the slide that is pushed up by the mag follower may need to be fitted. The area around the slide's stop's rear may also have to be fitted for depth & to laterally clear the frame. It's an interesting bit of work to do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the original slide stop is looking better all the sudden[:D]
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Most I've used will drop in. My question is why do you want one? I know very few shooters that use them. They either use the thumb of the off hand or just rack the slide when it locks back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, it was more for the looks. I want to put slide stop, trigger, etc (most done by a pistolsmith) on my 1911 b/c I like the look of a black gun with stainless parts. Also want to update some of the stock parts with some Ed Brown hard core parts.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...The only "exteneded" parts I care for are the BT's.
    ...Ive never met a slide release I had to "fit", I guess there are some though.

...Why not locate the exact parts original to your gun(?), a smith is a good place to start for new take-off's...then bag and tag the ones you remove from your gun. This way, you can always return your gun to it's original configuration...unless you add an extended BT that has to be fitted (tang cut). Wilson makes a great drop-in BT that requires no cutting of the tang, and the tolerance between the BT and tang is very close.

...Send the parts you want plated here...Chris is a great guy, does quality work at reasonable prices and short turn around time...give Chris a call. He also has a brochure if you need it, with a lot more of what they do, with prices, ask and he shall send...[;)]

http://www.originalmetaloy.com/pricing.html

ani-texas-flag-2.gif

Bhogie.gif