In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

browning buckmark silhouette

lil debilil debi Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
i recently purchased a browning buckmark silhouette or at least it greatly resembles one except it has no forearm it has a tap for the screw but that is all. heres the odd part it has no sights or evidence
that it ever had any on it. no tap for front post or rear post or wear from hoods being removed and reattached does anyone know of a model that came with no sights or is this someones mongrel

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if it is still done, but at one time Browning would sell the Buckmark silhouette barrel separately. I bought one with the long fluted barrel, that i used with my standard model Buckmark.

From your description, your barrel was made specifically for use with optical sights. It's possible that it was purchased separately from Browning, with no attention of it ever being used with iron sights.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is actually not the Silhouette model you have then. I actually just sold mine like it back in November, and it is extreemely accurate. The model you have is the Buckmark Varmint. It has a 9 7/8" barrel, and either the hard rubber grips or the fingergrooved wood grips.
  • lil debilil debi Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    you are right i found one on {elsewhere} but it had the optional short forearm i wish i could find one for mine all i can find is the long silhouette forearm thanks for infoquote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    This is actually not the Silhouette model you have then. I actually just sold mine like it back in November, and it is extreemely accurate. The model you have is the Buckmark Varmint. It has a 9 7/8" barrel, and either the hard rubber grips or the fingergrooved wood grips.