In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

winchester model 88 .243 SN 215515A

vdurfvdurf Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
My late husband purchased this rifle for me approximately 1965,
I am sorting out things after his death and was wondering if any one could tell me the value.I don't know if I should sell it or keep it.
I shot it many times until about 1990 and it has been stored in the closet until now.
It has a weaver scope and I still have the clip.
I listed the SN in the heading--215515A

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be a helpful blessing if we could see some pictures of it. Also the serial number, to know when it was made. If it was made before 1964, then that changes things a bit.
  • 2xbyu2xbyu Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the S.N. you gave it looks to be a 1967 vintage.

I did a quick search of the M88 .243s that sold in the last 90 days on GB. They went from $700 - $1200 at auction. Condition, Condition and originality are everything. The scope shouldn't hurt the value and may add a little as a period item.

I sold one a few years ago (.243) on GB, in very nice condition and IIRC it went for $700+

Nice gun you have there.
  • hidebuyerhidebuyer Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the serial number you are stating the gun would have been made in 1967. Price could be from $450.00 to $1200.00, depending on condition.....