In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 775A

cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
edited January 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am no Gunsmith,but a friend of mine asked me to clean his Savage Autoloader that was gummy.Something i noticed about this Gun,when standing gun straight up,when downward pressure is put on the barrel it recedes an inch or so into the receiver.The feed tube spring forces it back up.This takes quite a few lbs. pressure to do.Question-Is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Will a square firing pin from a 755,fit and fuction right in a 775A.
    Thank You
    one1958
    kbarber@irtc.net
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one about 20 years ago and I believe it is recoil operated, kind of Browning look alike,,,,and I believe that is the way it is,,,nambu
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    TOTALLY NORMAL! Uses the Browning long recoil system. Savage 720,745,755 Remington Model 11, 11-48 Browning A5 Franchi AL48 and a slew of other guns have used this system. If you are unfamiliar with the gun, I dont recommend much disassembly. You can download an A5 standard/lightweight manual from the Browning website that will help you understand the gun.
  • Options
    RogmattRogmatt Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 775a, the the barrel enters way more thn an inch into the reciever, more like 3". It is very reliable.