In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG Euro 220 9mm & 7.65mm kit & Sig 220 .22 cal. V

theDoggertheDogger Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a SIG 220 EURO 9mm and 2 conversion kits. 1. SIG 220 .22 Cal and a 7.65mm. what would the value of the individual kits be and the gun itself. Nothing listed has been fired and I believe I have all the papers

thanks

B

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Very interesting because I own the same set up as well as having sold another to a long time friend many years ago. If I recall we each paid $375 for the P220's which were imported by Hawes Firearms (before the Interarms or later Sigarms imports) back in 1980. The .22 conversion kits came directly from SIG in Switzerland and cost 400 Swiss Francs, which was about $420 back then. The 7.65mm "conversion" consisted of a new barrel and recoil spring for about $120. We also purchased Walnut grips, a full set of rear sights (about 10), the rear sight pushers, spare magazines (tough to find now a days), cases for the pistols and all of the accessories, cleaning kits and some other junk that I can't recall at the momment, but the total price was around $1300.

A few years ago my friend (make that his wife) decided to remodel his/her kitchen and sold off his complete P220 set for $2000 to a collector in Arizona. Keep in mind that most people don't even know that the P220 is availble in any caliber other than .45 and the European magazine release is not too popular in this country, so you'll need to find the right buyer to get the full value. This is not the type of item that shows up every day (you, myself, and my friend now have the only three sets I've ever heard of) so you need to expect it to take a while to sell. About five years ago Simpson Ltd. a few of the .22 conversion units and sold them for around $500 but the kits will only work in the pistols using the bottom magazine release so sales were not brisk (you have to modify the .22 magazine in order to make it work with the "American" mag release). It is also possible to convert the 9mm P220 to fire .45 ACP and .38 Super, but the kits for these two calibers were so expensive that it was cheaper for me to simply purchase a P220 .45 and leave it at that.

Mark T. Christian