In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 1187

Darin SperlingDarin Sperling Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remmie 1187 with light contour barrel. The literature says that the barrel walls are as thin as safety allows. Great. My question can I take it turkey hunting and use turkey loads? Do the turkey load shells produce above average pressure?

Sperling PE

Comments

• Darin SperlingDarin Sperling Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1187 semi auto 12 ga. with 3 in chamber. It is a 125th anniversary edition. does that raise the value of it. it's in excellent condition. what is it worth?

wade a withers
    edited November -1
    What is a NIB remington 1187 sp worth? It has a remchoke slug barrel w/ open sights, 3 inch chamber, nice wood stocks, matte finish, rifled choke tube, and box & papers. All looks nice. Was traded in to a local gun shop. thanks for any help. also, would this be ok for turkeys if i put a super full choke in it?
    edited November -1
    I would like to know what my gun is worth? It is a Remington 1187, left handed, 30 in. barrel, ribbed, gold trigger. It also has a 28 in. rifled slug barrel. excellent condition.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, Not a problem. Hunt your turks and enjoy. Good luck.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    duckhunter is right. I use my 1187 lite contour with 3" heavy goose loads, while sending steel shot down any barrel is crazy, it don't hurt this gun[:D]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    Thanks to both of you.
    The words "light contour" and "thin wall" prompted me to at least ask.

Sperling PE
  • warcrobwarcrob Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I witnessed friend of mine to take his 1st bird with his 1187. He's been hooked on Turkey hunting ever since.

Get yourself a turkey full choke and some turkey loads in varios shot sizes and head for the pattern board.

The only problem that you might have is covering the glossy finish with something that won't * the birds. There are camo tapes but the adhesive backing will sometimes damage the finish when you try to remove it.

If you ain't got a sense of humor you got no business bein here!
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot HUNDREDS of 3 inch magnums in my 11/87 LC , BLAST OFF!

use_deer.jpgnysrpa.jpgtnusa.gifNoPETA.jpg
    "NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR BLANKIN SHINE BOX!"
    (Billy Batts in Goodfellas)