In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

browning citori .410 skeet/skeet question

woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
Could anyone help me with a fair price that I might offer a gunshop that happens to have the above mentioned gun. The shop owner told me that the gun is about 20 years old. It's the Citori Lightning model with blued receiver and grade 1 wood. It is absolutely immaculate and I would rate it nearly 100% as it couldn't have been shot over a handful of times. No dings or scratches that I could find. The gun is a .410 fixed choke barrels, in skeet over skeet. My only reservation on buying the gun, is that it is chambered in 2 1/2" only, so this would eliminate my option of shooting the 3" shells in the gun. Can someone help me with a fair offer that you feel I should make on this gun.

Thank you,

Woody Dellis

Comments

• only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woody the one book I have has several "Lightnings" listed. Safe bet would be anywhere from $700 and up, since it doesn't have invector choke tubes. A good gunsmith could open the chamber up to 3in if that's your only concern. Your bargaining tools are no choke tubes and short chamber. Don't know what he's asking, but haggle if you really want it. Dealer cost on a new one with invector tubes is about $1500-1700, depending if the dealer goes through a distibutor or deals directly with Browning. That's ball park. regards Dave
  • woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am wondering also if this gun is more rare than usual. Being that it's got some age on it, still in great shape, and choked skeet/skeet. Is it just me, or would this be a fairly limited run gun?

woody dellis
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    fixed choke browning skeet guns are specialty guns. in another words, thye are designed just for skeet. since 2 1/2" shells are the only shell allowed in skeet, the gun is absolutley perfect and ready for the sport. if you intend to use the gun for hunting, buy a hunting gun instead. adding screw ins to it will ruin the value of the gun. 700 to 900 is a good price.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a neat gun.
    Check if it will also accept 28 gauge barrels. That would be a neat combination.