In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig Sauer full-automatic pistol?

GlocksterGlockster Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited April 2004 in Ask the Experts
Did Sig Sauer ever make a full-automatic pistol because I found 30 round magazines for the Sig Sauers models P226/228/229. I was thinking since they have high capacity magazines for those models that maybe Sig made variants of one of those models that is full auto like the G18.

Comments

• Options
    InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe Sig ever made a full auto pistol. The 30 round mags must be for people who don't like loading mags. Glock makes a full auto pistol but it's for law enforcement only.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with invicta, I have never seen or heard of a full-auto pistol by Sig.

I teach firearms at a local police academy and we have access to a couple Glock 18's. They are impressive to watch and fun to shot. The Glock 31 rd 9mm mag was made for the G-18.

Are the 30 rd mags you have seen made by Sig or are they aftermarket? My guess is they are made aftermarket.

"Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    There were some factory 20 round magazines avaialble for the P226 and P228 MANY years ago. These 20 shot magazines were never offered with the pistols sold through commerical channels, you had to scrounge them. You don't see these factory "very high" capacity magazines often, but they are around if you look hard. There are no SIG-Sauer machine pistols based on the P220 design in series production; Glock and Beretta have that very limited market pretty well sewn up.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the magazine in question a "Scherer"(sp?) mag? I seem to recall seeing those advertised some years back in SGN. I'm not sure of the use or application of these but assume they were for Law Enforcement Only use.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)