In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Revolver shootin to the left

SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
I have a Ruger Single Six 45 Long Colt 5-1/2" barrel. I've tried 3 or 4 different loads through this gun, sights are adjusted all the way over and it's still shootin to the left. What do I do next? any tricks to try?

Comments

• merlinnmerlinn Member Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A RUGER SINGLE SIX AND THE RECIEVER WAS DRILLED CROOKED FOR THE BARREL. SIGHT DOWN THE FRAME AND THE BARREL ON EACH SIDE OR PLACE A STRAIGH-EDGE ON THE FRAME AND CHECK THE ALIGNMENT. YOU MITE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
  • THINMANTHINMAN Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF IT IS DEFECTIVE, RUGER WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROBLEM .GREAT SERVICE IN THE PAST, THEY HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION FOR TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS.BTW I BELIEVE YOUR RUGER IS A BLACKHAWK RATHER THAN A SINGLE SIX.

THINMAN
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep that has to be a Blackhawk. Call Ruger or go to website and they will tell you what to do .

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    first thing I would do if you haven't already is have someone else that you know is good with a revolver shoot it , make sure its the gun and not you , if its the gun them one of the sights is on crooked OR the barrel needs turned just a hair in the frame , either one of these needs address by a good gunsmith or sent back to Ruger , note IF you send it in to Ruger expect about a 2 month turn around time
  • SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the help guys, it is a Blackhawk..what was I thinking, it was late. And I'm very confident it's the gun and not me I shoot a lot of different guns and am a pretty fair shot, shot this from a rest, freehand, leaning etc. When I move the sights it does what it is supposed to do but I just don't have enough travel in the sights to compensate for it. Thanks again I'll be talking to Ruger.