In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Browning challenger III 22lr

stang1stang1 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
Any idea on what this pistol is worth. It is in excellent condition, and made in the USA?

Thanks Brent

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the Forum! Blue book shows about $200 in that condition according to the Blue Book of Gun Values. You should also look at the Gunbroker auctions under "Challenger" or "Challenger III" to get an idea what they are going for on the auction market as it may be a bit higher. I see there are several out there and they are going for about $300 to $400. The BBoGV is a wholesale guide meant more for dealers and doesn't show a real retail value. Make sure you look at the different types as there are several that have differing options such as long barrels, barrel sights etc...Have fun figuring it out!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually the Challenger III is the least common of the series. It was only made for a couple of years before the BuckMark's were introduced in the mid 80's.

If your pistol is in factory original, excellent condition, you might consider holding on to it. As a "Browning" that was only in production for a limited time, I believe it can only go up in value.

Look at the alloy frame Nomads, from the 60's. Folks are asking exorbitant prices for them, ( whether their getting the money there asking is something else?)

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    stang1stang1 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow,1KYDSTR,
    Thank you for the response. I checked on Brownings web site and come to find out that this model was only made from 83-85. My serial # figures out to be a 1983, 2133 off the line[:D]