In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hs6 powder in 7.62x25 ?

ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
looking for some loading info for hs6 powder in the 7.62x25 cartridge.i emailed hogdgon but they said they dont have any info on that cartridge. i have about 4lbs of hs6 sitting around and would really like too use it,any help help would be apprec.thanks don

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although it's not prudent to try reloading without specific data from the manufacturer, If your were to VERY CAREFULLY use data available for SLOWER burning rate powder, starting with the minimun given loads, HOPEFULLY you would PROBABLY keep all your extremities and faculties intact, if you know what your doing in the first place.

Here is a link to a site in the fatherland, that gives the comparable burning rates of different powders. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, BE CAREFULL!!

http://www.pulver-mueller.de/treibladung.htm

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow,is h -110 a slower burning powder or faster?sorry but i cant read the link you sent me too lol.i have found loads listed for h-110 .thanks don
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ddhotbot
    rufe-snow,is h -110 a slower burning powder or faster?sorry but i cant read the link you sent me too lol.i have found loads listed for h-110 .thanks don

H110 is slower burning then HS6.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Accurate arms lists data for the 7.62x25 in the CZ-52. The HS6 falls between the burn rates of AA#5 and AA#7. AA#9 is ideal for the Tokarev cartridge. HS6 is too fast to develope the full potential of the round. HS7 or longshot would probably work OK. I really like HS6 for 9mm, but you won't be happy with it for the7.62

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.