In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tikka Deluxe 243 Value?

penrose647penrose647 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
Tikka Deluxe 243! Can someone help me with the value of this rifle.I got the rifle new about three years ago before Beretta took over the company and had it out twice.The rifle have had less then 50rds fired threw it.The rifle is in excellent shape not a scratch.The warehouse where I worked closed down so I have to sell it.I called around to the local gun shops and got between $350 and $700.$350 sounds a little low and $700 sounds a little to high since I only payed around $680 for the rifle new.Could the value have gone up on this rifle since it was made before the Beretta company took over.I have heard that the Tikka Deluxe models were made a the sako factory and not the Tikka factory.
I seen the same rifle on ************ site and they were asking $800.
Thanks

Thomas P.Wade

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm assuming you are talking about the Whitetail Hunter Deluxe? If so I think you got a fairly good deal in the firstplace so it is little surprise it would have held its' value in your claimed near flawless condition. The Finnish gun industries lineage reads like something out of Deliverace...they are so inbred and the govt. keeps nationalizing, combining, seperating etc so much that it is quite a difficult thing to figure out. The NRA mag. had a nice article about 8 months ago that more or less laid it out pretty well but I cannot find my copy now (of course)! Check out similar guns on Gunbroker and use that as a guide for your starting price. I would estimate that $700 would not be an unatainable price for it. Keep in mind that if a gun store is OFFERING you $700 then they are likely going to get a lot more than that at retail! The Blue Book shows right around $640 if I have the right model but it is a wholesale GUIDE and doesn't help a lot with retail.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    penrose647penrose647 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank's 1KYDSTR you are right it is the Whitetail Hunter Deluxe!Of course the Gun shop owner that told me that the rifle was worth around $700 could not take it because of the economy here in NE Ohio.When he's not in his shop working he's at an old Rep steel mill the closed down as a nite watchman.An honest man!The rest of the shop owners where not so forth comming on a fair price $350 were there best offer.I listed the rifle for $650 and that with a Bushnell AO scope,not far off the $700 but what I think is fair price.Hoping I find some work soon so that I can keep the rifle.I have seen the rifles new and the SRLP is around $770 and after Tax it would be around $820.

Thomas P.Wade