In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auto Mag question??

CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in Ask the Experts
Come on experts help me out here, I have a .44 Auto Mag serial # A010** marked (TDE) North Hollywood with the original plastic box and tools (foam inside went to crap) but according to the blue book it would be a Pasadena by the serial number. I want to put this up and want to determine a price. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

PJ

If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Life Member, AF&AM

Comments

• Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Search here... http://www.gunbroker.com/

Just input "auto mag"

Lots to compare! Wish I had the dough![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Roadkill, been there. This goes deeper because of the serial number being out of sequence. PS I have the little plastic bottle of oil and allen wrenches too.

PJ

• Options
    RoadkillRoadkill Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome............wish I had the money right now.............

sigh.........

"Go ahead...........make my day"[:p]
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out

www.
    GUns amer ica.
    com

I usually see 4-6 of them listed there ..... if you haven't already, that is.

GL.
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you are really looking to get rid of it, email me. I came real close to buying one last weekend.

Jake
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless I'm mis-reading the info in the books your serial number range is right for a TDE North Hollywood gun. It would also be fairly low in the range so it should have all stainless parts and thus be considered more desireable than guns up around the A03000-AO5000 which were supposedly of lesser value. I am taking a guess at around $2000 for the gun being in fired but excellent condition. The values for these guns vary greatly and there is a caveat in at least one book I have about fakes existing (lesser quality guns having the indetifiers polished out and then being restamped) so check this out. I saw a 44AMP TDE North Hollywood with 2 boxes of ammo in 98% in box go for $1200 last year locally. I was too slow and too skeptical to pick it up and am now at least a bit regretful for not having moved on it!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, the way I read the BB it was a Pasadena serial on a North Holywood gun? I am condisidering getting rid of it. I don't want to post it with wrong info and be deluged with emails. Thanks again for all the help, you guy's are the best.

PJ