In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CVA Optima Elite

youthpastorjonyouthpastorjon Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have heard there is better accuracy when going from bolt action to a single shot. So looking for a cheap replacement for a 700 sps in 22-250 I found a CVA optima elite with a bull barrel. I cant afford a t/c so I have been trying to find some information on how these rifles rank compared to other single shot rifles. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am quite interested in the optima elite. However, I would like to know how this gun compares to the T/C Encore and secondly, is CVA planning on extending their line of barrels that are available for this gun or are they just going to stick the with the ones that are already in production.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently bought a CVA O.E in the .50cal muzzleloader and the .30 .06 and have yet to find an off the shelf rifle ammo that this gun will shoot. Shooting @ 50 yds. it's a 3 shot group hole in one. Move out to 100 and you hit high-left,high- right, high all over the paper. Get it hitting dead center @ 100 and try @ 50 and never touch the paper. Another guy on another forum said I had to sand down the inside of the forearm to get it to shoot accurate. That makes no sense to me, the scope isn't mounted to the forarm it's mounted to the barrel. How does the forarm affect the accuracy of the shot placement? Im using guality out of the box ammo and quality optics...Nikon Scope. Also using the scope mounts that were suggested by CVA(Durasight) What am I missing?