In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Norinco coach guns

xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in Ask the Experts
Can you shoot steel shot in these?

Comments

• Options
    xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen a couple of these side by side 12 gauges and they look nice but I haven't got to handle one yet. Those cocking hammers really grabbed my attention. Anyone have experience with fit, finish and how they shoot? Thanks, MIKE
  • Options
    haroldchrismeyerharoldchrismeyer Member Posts: 2,213
    edited November -1
    While I haven't actually tried this model, I have little doubt that it is like the rest of their copies. Not quite the fit or finish of an original, but just as functional. From what I have seen, they make a good gun, especially when you consider the price.
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just more junk from red china.
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    old, I am getting the idea you aren't fond of China
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in 12 ga that I got for SASS and it has not given me any problems.

The one thing I don't like is that it has two safeties you have to deal with. The first is on the tang, the second is a firing pin safety. Neither is automatic and I usually just use the tang safety. Since the hammers are rebounding, if it is dropped, it is possible for the gun to fire that way though if you don't use the firing pin safety.

The fit and finish on mine are okay and the wood looks like surprisingly good pieces of walnut.

Lockup is tight and and except for a little wiggle in the foreend, I have had no over complaints.

It is heavy and mine is choked IC and MOD and I use it for skeet and some upland bird type shooting with moderate success.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife wants only a SxS double for around the house and barn.
    She was using a customized gun I got her years back. A fine piece.....waaaay to fine for a bang-around gun.

So, I bought a Norinco Coach second-hand , but un-used . Fit is good. It locks up very tight...really too tight, but we will see in a few months. Finish on the metal is an even 'semi-gloss' blue. The wood is a flat poly, but it looks OK.

20 yard groups print well from both tubes.

She was used to her no-safety hammer gun, so the 'thumb' safety remains in the fire position. No other safety on this gun.

GOOD LUCK