In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WANTED INFO ON WIN. M 67 SHOT ONLY

peter60peter60 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm wanting info on a Win. M 67 22 "Shot only",24" barrel with double ivory shotgun sights and all is correct and in about 96% all around condition,about how many were made and the app. value.any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pete

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pete,

There are a few things in your description that are not adding up to it being a factory original gun.

Winchester introduced the smooth bore variant of the Model 67 on September 9, 1936. Initially, it was made with the standard 27-inch barrel, and was made for 22 Long, Short or Long Rifle cartridges interchangeably.

Then on April 24, 1940, a miniature target bored Model 67 was introduced, and it featured a 24-inch smooth bored barrel (skeet choked) chambered for the .22 Long Rifle shot cartridge only. It was fitted with a Model 81A front sight, and a Model 94B rear sight (identical to the Model 12 shotgun)... there is no mention of a dual ivory bead sight arrangement.

There are no production numbers available for either of the smooth bore Model 67 variants, but they are not very common.
  • Options
    curley5curley5 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out my auction on Gunbroker,I'm not trying to make a sale ,just showing an origanal,I have never herd of the double Ivory either.
  • Options
    curley5curley5 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry I left out the # ongunbroker.Auction,72807686,Thanks Curley