In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need info on this pump shotgun - please

MichaelT.MichaelT. Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a pump shotgun , handed down from my dad when he passed, that I cannot find any information on. If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

The gun is a .410 pump shotgun, the barrel is 25 1/4" long from the receiver. The safety is at the back of the trigger guard. There is nothing written on the gun except for the barrel, and it says:

On the left side--

Springfield Savage Arms Corporation Model 67E
Westfield, Mass., U.S.A.

On the right side--

Proof tested .410 gauge
--3 inch Chamber --

pumpshotgun005.jpg

pumpshotgun002.jpg

pumpshotgun003.jpg

pumpshotgun004.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Nice little gun that looks like original finish You might want to see if GUNPARTS Inc has a butt stock .If not it should and can be repaired before you shoot it.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would you like to know??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey duckhunter,

What I am trying to find out about the gun is stuff like who the maker was , when it was made, and value..... I cant find the model listed for a savage , a springfield or anything. I cant find a 67E anything. and I cant find out how much it's worth. Also, where might I find the serial #, I have looked the gun over and cannot find one.

I am trying to see what to ask for it if I sell it. I am selling some guns to buy stuff I want , like the Colt Mustang I asked you about before, or some other desirable guns. I have never shot this one , just like the browning shotguns, so why keep them.

Thanks

Michael
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Mike, you have a Stevens model 67, made for Savage. You can find it in the books listed under the Stevens brand. It isprobably worth about $150 or less with that cracked stock.

Dick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank You dcs, you would not happen to know where the serial # would be do you???[:D]
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,977 ******
    edited November -1
    it was mgf. before 1968 and didn't have a ser.#
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. ... thanks. I thought all guns would have had a serial #, but then again, I am not that familiar with the history , dating, etcc.. of firearms.

Thank You very much for our help.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Michael- until the Gun Control Act of 1968, there was no Federal requirement for serial numbers. Some makers put them on some did not. After 1968, they all did. We list them in our "bound books" as NSN- mo serial number.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    11b6r,

Thanks for your explaination. I understand no.... I just thought I HAD to be missing it somewhere....LOL I might have been looking for days...

I appreciate your help.

Michael