In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sks type rifle markings

jodividusjodividus Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
could someone please help me, a friend is looking at a sks kind of rifle, I don't know anything about these. It has a bayonet that when you pull down on a lever, it opens up and goes up alongside the underneath of the muzzle. the stock is wood, on the right side of the bolt where it would eject the rounds, it has a number 0-00 022. the left side of the receiver has a serial number as does the side of the magazine. , and the forearm stock has that same number, also the number is found on the very back of the receiver. It reminds me of a Winchester model 74 22 rifle the way the back of the receiver is flat. It has a ladder type rear sight, and a shrouded front sight. the right side of the barrel looks like someone used a punch to put in the words mdl99/66 yogu 7.62x39. under that is C.A.I GEORGIA UT or maybe its VT. i am not familiar at all of these types of rifles. Can someone help me in identifying this? thanks

Comments