In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1890 winchester

cody45cody45 Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
anyone know the thread specs on the barrel shank of the 1890 Win?
thanx in advance

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i have a barreled action for a 1890 win. take-down .22 short
    no wood,no sights. no blueing stamping is good has it any value?
    or should i use it to mark the south-west corner of the north forty?
    lower reciver is compleat bolt may need some work [fireing pin ,extractor.]
    uncle milo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for ANY Written after market repair instructions, notes, or?? by Winchester or anyone on the Mod. 1890 or 1906. Copies or Originals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking for ANY Written after market repair instructions, notes, or?? by Winchester or anyone on the Mod. 1890 or 1906. Copies or Originals. I have been collecting these for many years. Have many more than i need(no such thing) There has been Mods on these, and one was on the 1890, the inside of the receiver for the bolt lock, to keep it from opening when cocked. This is where the fireing pin locks into the receiver to keep the bolt from lifting up. The slot would wear and you could work the action with hammer cocked. This was repaired by milling out a small section on each side and riviting in the new part. Most are found on the 2nd. Model. Many mistake the revits or holes(missing rivets) as scope mounts. I have both the mod 1890 and 1906(2nd. mod) with this repair and from many differant locations and they are the same. This is why i beleave it to be a Factory Recomended repair. Should be something ? Somewhere? I have almost 100 of the 1890/1906s plus parts. Have all the books,old and new, but still looking for the factory repair/updates??? Thanks to all and KEEP LOOKING.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the DOB of a Winchester 1890 WRF serial number is 374916. Any info is appreciated. Terrill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    folks i've run into a sight on this little gun that I have never seen before and neither have any of my friends. Maybe some body out there has seen it and tell me what I have. The tang part is tall, no need to take off the rear sight on the gun, elevation only on the rear. Front sight is round with a little sight in the middle and wind adjust is guess in from the wide base on the font site.
    I don't know how to include a picture so if somebody would give me instructions I will send a couple.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Picked up 1890 at a yard sale, thought maybe for parts. Turns out it shoots good and cycles good. Problem is the guy decided to make it look a little better with his new Black and decker and 80 grit on the butt stock. As you might guess the pride is a little low, about a 1/16. Is there any way you guys know I could build it up a little without looking like it has been? Can anybody tell me is a lymnan 2 will fit the 1890 with new holes?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone know the thread specs for the barrel shank? I need to clean up the threads on an otherwise fine receiver. any help is truly appreciated. thanx in advance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just bought one and new it had some problems first off would not chamber a round so I took it apart found a empty shell inside the reciever that problem is solved. The real problem is I can not get the magazine tube to go over more than 2 shells. When I empty the shells out you can see where the tube is just cutting into the end of the bullets. Not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anyone know the thread specs on the barrel shank? Or, where I can get a tap? thanx in advance
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is the want ads not technical support. try asking the experts they should know.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should