In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Model 99 in 22 HP, 1913 date - Value?

dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
An honest 80-85% condition. Value of the 1913 manufactured, Savage model 99, in 22 High Power?

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    99's are quite variable regionally. Where I live they bring more than in other areas. Here I would expect to see it asking $600-$650.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Up north here I bet it could had for around $450-$525.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here in the mid missouri it would bring 500 to 600, but that depends on what kind of day it is. could go higher.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 99 in .22 Hi Power is not an easy find in that condition. If its all original we wouldnt have any trouble getting $799 from a collector in Upstate NY.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MFI - That is what I believed as well. 22 HP is not a rimfire, but a centerfire round. I have only seen one other chambered in this caliber.
  • Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the others on value, especially if it hasn't been drilled and tapped. The higher value for a take down, the lower for a standard. I didn't see any either, but seems the last couple of years there have been a few here and there, espec. since ammo has become more available(Sellier&Bellot). They also seem to have moved up about $100 to $150 in the last couple years, Savage 99's in general.