In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Premium Bullets

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
Are we being snookered by the ammo companies with the premium line of bullets?

Who has compared oldies but goodies with the new bullets side by side to say they are that much better?

Sage 1

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe not snookered, but my guess is that a lot of the premiums sold will do no better than the "oldies but goodies". Depends what you want them for. For most of the deer hunting done here in the northeast a Remington Corelok or similiar will do just fine. On the other hand if I'm back in my old stomping grounds of S.E.Alaska where a big bear might be on the menue I'll go for a wide, heavy , premium. I also prefer a bit more bullet if I'm going with a relatively light cartridge. If I'm using my .243, and big deer are a possibility, I'll go with a Nosler Partitian, though I'd feel more comfortable with the .270, or even a .257 with 117 grain Corelok.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "premimums" have a place, but 95% of the hunters never get near that place.
    If anyone is "snookering" you, than it's yourself for beleiving what you read in the the latest issue of "Road Hunting & Poaching" magazine.