In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

20 gauge

The TinmanThe Tinman Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking for a middle-of-the-road 20 gauge autoloader for about $300. I know that I would have to look pretty hard for something like that in my price range here on Gunbroker.com but I'm sure that I could find something in that price range at a gun show. So, any hints as to make and model for such a beast? I don't want a SxS, double barrel or pump but just an autoloader.

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    The TinmanThe Tinman Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a Franchi 620 VS 20 gauge . What is the gun worth? it is new in the box. Thanks
  • Options
    Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 1100
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Tuff to get a good one at that price. Try an SKB, older A5 Browning, 1100 or 11-87 if you can find one. Winchester 1400 is just OK, and would be in your price range. Mossberg 5500 is serviceable (not sure they made a 20 ga)and well within your price range.

Would not use any of the new Daley's or Verona's (plastic trigger parts).

Lots of options at that price range if you wait and look around. Check the people coming into the shows (dealer will get full value) and on GB "buy it now". If you look, the deals are there.

Good luck
  • Options
    hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might also want to take a look at the CZ720. I like mine. Plain looking but it functions very well and the 5 choke system is very functional. ghs
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Saw several on GB. Check out #72831343. Remington 11-48 20 ga, BIN is $305.

Also saw several SKB's in the price range.

Good luck
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what you use it for will determine my answer.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked up a model 1500 winchester at a pawn shop for$185 a year or more ago. For hunting and occasional sporting clays it serves me well.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    w/o your answer, i'll just go along with everyone else:
    1. 1400 or 1500 winchester.
    2. 1100 remington
    3. Model 50 winchester field grade.
    4. 11-48 remington.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    whompusswhompuss Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Model 1100 hard to beat, just keep the ports clean or it'll turn into a single shot in the middle of a dove shoot. The 11-48 was the model the 1100 replaced. I've had both but got rid of the 11-48 and still shoot the 1100 I bought used in 1982. It's easier on the shoulder than some others.