In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

permanent center fire insert for a .410

RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
Can someone recommend a gunsmith that can mount a permanent centerfire insert into a choked .410 12 1/4" barrel? The insert need only 3"-8" of rifleing. I would prefer a cartridge that would allow the original extractor to function. If possible, I would prefer (in order of preference) .44 spl, .38 spl or .22LR. I would consider other chamberings as long as the pressures are safe. The barrel was originally made for an H&R Handy Gun. I found an outfit in Anchorage that advertises inserts but I am unable to contact them by telephone or e-mail.

I understand that that most of the Handy Gun's were originally built as a short barreled .410. In 1934 they became subject to NFA registration and is still considered a Title II firearm in 2006. I do not possess a complete Handy gun of any sort. I do know where there are enough parts to assemble one (not owned by a single individual). I just want to assemble one exempt from the NFA registration rules, mainly for a semi-functional wall hanger and conversation piece. Thanks for any recommendations you may have.

Comments