In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

getting a call into RCBS...Problem

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in Ask the Experts
My RCBS 1500 Combo went nuts, I need to send it back under warranty. It started displaying different numbers than the number pushed on the panel. That could be a BIG problem if not caught.

I started calling the 800 number at 11:00AM this morning and got busy signals for hours and probably 50 calls. I called the direct line and got a recording that kept me on hold for better part of an hour with never getting answered by a person.

Has anyone actually gotten to a human on the phone at RCBS??

Comments

• brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always get a person there,maybe extra calls after the holidy.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Yes, as a matter of fact, back in the eighties. I bought a shell holder for 11mm Mauser. Not exactly a fast moving item, but I needed one. I kept breaking them. The gunshop replaced them until they ran out.
    So I called RCBS.

Fred Huntington answered the phone. For those that don't know the name, Fred founded the Rock Chuck Bullet Swagger company.

He pulled a shell holder from inventory while on the phone and told me the lips were cut too thin.

I received the first one from the new batch free a couple of weeks later.

I have always fondly remembered my first and only dealing with RCBS customer service.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its not unusual for a company to have a big rush a day or two after a holiday. I broke a shell holder retaining spring on the ram of my RCBS Rockchucker over the weekend(don't ask-it's embarrassing) and I am going to wait a day or two before I call to get a replacement. Bet if you try them thursday or friday you'll get through. Jim
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suggest the holiday being the issue as well. RCBS has excellent customer service and will take good care of you. I have had cause to call them several times over the years mostly for customers and have always received top notch service with people who know their stuff.
  • ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently had a metal piece for the RCBS powder measure break. I called them and got a replacement within a week. I had no problem getting through on the customer service line.
  • JefferJeffer Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have also recently deal with them, took a while but had the part I broke three days later with a thank you/we are sorry letter. Not their fault but the service rivals the tool company I buy most of my tools from and he shows up once a week! Be patient, maybe a lot of loading being done while families are together, or might be a phone grief at their end! Who knows but they sure treat the customer correctly.