In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 61

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester Model 61. It is still in the box and has never been fired. There is a small scratch on the barrel. It also has the tag hanging on the trigger guard. Any idea how much it is worth?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How much of a premium (if any) would a WRF marked(also on front of receiver) model 61 be over a similiar condition 22LR?
    S/N 67983 made approx. 1946. (Bert, I said approximately. Help me out here, please.[;)])
    The barrel is round and the receiver is not grooved.
    Sorry, no pictures.

Thanks---Peabo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had a Winchester 61 from the time I was a kid. SN 57844 Short only with an octagon barrel. Awesome shooter. Just wondering the value. Gun dealer here said $250 but I think he's blowing smoke, or maybe just inhaled too much. From what I can determine, it was made in 42. The gun is in great shape, minor dings in the wood and the bluing 95% or better. No rust. Ideas?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the value of a Winchester Model 61 from the 1960s? It's got an 8+ inch foregrip, 24 inch barrel and is in G to VG condition. Chambered for 22 S, L, and LR. Serial Number 322xxx.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    January 1943 is when it was made[;)]. There is a small premium for the 22 W.R.F., but the condition is the driving factor in the value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, again, Bert, I knew you could help.

Thanks---Peabo