In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Down Size

linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
How do I down size my pics on potobucket so they are the correct size to post. I am new to the camera thing and a computer idiot. So simple words for a simple mind will help.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    When you look at the album there should be a few links above or below (I can't remember which) the pic. One will say edit. Click on that and then the pic will open in a new frame. Above the pic it will have a button for resizing. It will open a drop-down menu. Click on the one that says "Message board" (I believe it is 480X600 or something like that). Click "OK" and you are done.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Go back to PB. On the picture you want to resize, select "edit". Then select "resize photo", or whatever it says. Note: the photos you see in my signature are the next ones up from the smallest size. It's either called avatar or thumbnail. I forget.

If you have to show a photo for detail, then use the size marked "forum? Message board?". After transferring from Photobucket to Gunbroker 2 forum size photos, hit "return". That will place the next two photos under the two original ones, and so forth. That eliminates photos stretching far out to the right off the page.

If you only have one photo to display, you can get away with full size. Just remember that if you want to put another full size photo in your listing, hit the return key before you insert the next photo.

And...check your handiwork. Use "preview". It will show you any mistakes before it is sent to the forum..and you can correct it. Joe

Note: once made smaller, photos cannot be made larger on Photobucket. Once a photo is deleted from PB, it will automatically be removed from here, as well.

EDIT: Access the link below. What I did was to put two forum size photos in, then I hit the "return" key. It allowed me to put in a full-size photo beneath the two forum size photos. Hitting "return" stacks photos vertically, which makes viewing much easier. Joe

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=265054
  • Options
    Basil_OBasil_O Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    linthicum

If you have a decent digital camera the image files are too large for normal internet viewing. But this is a good thing if you want to print paper enlargements to hang on the wall. There are alot of ways to reduce image file size for faster net viewing, but the more complicated imaging software and numbers etc. may confuse you if you are new to this. One easy way to do this is use a small free utility program called "Mihov Image Resizer" (do a search for download). All this program does is make the "big" pictures from your camera smaller so they can be emailed, shared on the web or for auction sites. Once set up it's a couple click deal to make a reduced copy. If you take digital pictures and send them as email attachments or post them online you need this.
  • Options
    linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once again Thanks to everyone who posted.