In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 500 16 Gauge

SW1WoodDESW1WoodDE Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have purchased a used Mossberg 500 16 Gauge. Did they ever make a slug barrel for this gun? Something like a 20" barrel, smooth bore, with rifle sights. If so, does anyone know where one of these barrels may be located?

Comments

• Options
    skyhigh_sellerskyhigh_seller Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep. I have an old 500 with a slug barrel and a full choke bird barrel. I don't know length offhand, but it is smooth bore with steel adjustable rifle sights.

Mom was kind enough to store slug barrel in damp basement while I was away at school. If you find more than one, please post info.
  • Options
    SW1WoodDESW1WoodDE Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info! Been trying to find that out for a long time.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Back in the early 90s, there used to be several outfits that advertised clamp on rifle sights for shotgun barrels, cheap too ($20 for a set).

Dunno if a slug barrel for 16ga was ever made, but maybe the clamp on sites would be easier/faster/cheaper
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    You may be able to contact mossberg directly. They do not currently produce a 500 16ga barrel but they may just make one for you.