In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1200 ?? barrels??

jwinnjwinn Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Can someone tell me if a 1200 barrel chambered 3" will work on a 1200 reciever that came with a 23/4 chambered barrel. Will the 3" cycle through it ok?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The barrel will work OK but unless the receiver is marked for the Magnum it will take a beating if you shoot 3" shells in it.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. , most of the time with these , you can put a 3" bbl on them , and Most will Not feed and or eject the empty hull and it will take a really bad beating in the process ...As a 'gunsmith' , I say No , dont do it .....
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO a.k.a. SKEEZIX
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I almost bidded on a 3" barrel. I was afraid that would be the case. Thanks again!

quote:Originally posted by mrbruce
    The barrel will work OK but unless the receiver is marked for the Magnum it will take a beating if you shoot 3" shells in it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info! You guys saved me some money! With just 3hrs. left on this barrel I was watching I almost bidded on it.
    Saved in the lick of time!

quote:Originally posted by abcguns2
    O.K. , most of the time with these , you can put a 3" bbl on them , and Most will Not feed and or eject the empty hull and it will take a really bad beating in the process ...As a 'gunsmith' , I say No , dont do it .....
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO a.k.a. SKEEZIX
    Niota , Tn