In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which is better? - Tommy Gun

legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Which is better(if any) the older Auto Ordnance or the newer Kahn production? Thanks, Eddie

Comments

• Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    legn,steel is way off base,VOLUNTEER is the bottom of the barrel not kahr,west hurley models were built in N.Y. if you do decide to buy a kahr,the ONLY model you can NOT use a drum magazine is the military model,the other 3 models takes the drum and the stick mag...you will be impressed with the no kick (recoil) .45 round.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Kahr really sucks. Trust me I have one, but ST is right.

The Volunteer is not a true Thompson copy, but is similar. There is another one like it too but I can not think of the name right now.

That is a good point about the Uzi. I have an Uzi, HK USC (with UMP conversion) and both are much better guns to actually use. There is a .45 AR in the works that uses Grease Gun mags which will be cool too.

There is nothing like the looks of the Thompson though.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't buy a Thompson, because they are so impractical. I would much rather get an MP5 clone. However Kahr is not junk. Alot of people don't like them because there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there that give identical performance. I have shot Kahrs and never had a problem. I just hate the feel of the pistol and went with a Beretta Cougar instead.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a .45 cal Uzi instead.

I have both semi and full versions and absolutely love them.
    Reliable as an anvil.

CP
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    legn,steel is way off base,VOLUNTEER is the bottom of the barrel not kahr,west hurley models were built in N.Y. if you do decide to buy a kahr,the ONLY model you can NOT use a drum magazine is the military model,the other 3 models takes the drum and the stick mag...you will be impressed with the no kick (recoil) .45 round.

Yeah, I'm way off base... right... sorry, but I own FULL AUTO 1928 Thompsons... I think I know what I'm talking about (especially if I'm willing to invest tens of thousands of dollars into several Thompson machine guns), and the Volunteer guns weren't even Thompsons to begin with... just junk to look like a Thompson... see this auction...
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=86302113
    Also, you can get a military M1 Thompson to accept drum mags with a little machine work. I don't like to judge people by their post count.. but man... seriously.
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    you have issue's...
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xxx97
    you have issue's...

At least I'll be ready when the zombies come. [;)][:D]