In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mec tec

player-1player-1 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited December 2007 in Ask the Experts
Hello

Can anyone explain what they mean by caliber swapping in a Mec Tec
I beleive they mean you can us diferent caliber glock lower with the
same unit to shoot one caliber? Not that you can shoot different calber bullets through the same unit? Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks Gene[:D]

Comments

• NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Glock only makes a few different lowers. All of the full size lowers in 9, 40, 357 sig, and 45 gap (I believe, but not sure) are all the same. This is true of the mid size lowers. I believe the .45 and the 10 mm are the only other 2 that share a frame.

I have not read the info from Mec Tec but I believe what you are talking about is that you could use a 9mm upper on with any Glock lower that fits that size mag. For instance you could put a .40 upper on a G17 lower and use a .40 mag to change calibers.

As far as the Mec Tec is concerned you can only shoot what caliber it is chambered in just like any other gun.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Mech Tech, but it's for a 1911. I use a variety of 1911 frames - Dan Wesson, Para or Detonics - on the unit and I'm guessing that you can cross use a 9mm or 40 cal Glock lower on a Mech Tech unit - use a 40 cal lower on a 9mm Mech Tech for example.

Just a bit of a guess though, you may want to give the company a call. I've spoken to them a few times and they're very nice to deal with always.